The Pet Rescue Center's main goal is to help the local rescue organizations in saving animals from imminent death at the local animal shelters. Space permitting, we do have an owner relinquishment program for pet owners that are no longer able to provide proper shelter and care for their pet due to a number of unforeseen reasons.
The Pet Rescue Center's relinquishment program does require a small list of conditions to be met before we can accept any animal as well as requiring a relinquishment donation of a minimum $300.00. A list of the other requirements is below:
1. A minimum of 1 year worth of veterinarian records must be supplied and looked over by our veterinarian. In the case of the animal being one year old or younger, appropriate records for the animal will apply.
2. Pet must be brought to The Alicia Pet Care Center for a free exam by one of our veterinarians.
3. Owner must have completed a relinquishment application.
4. Owner will be required to pay/donate a set relinquishment fee of $300.00 minimum.
5. The animal will be subject to a 30-day renewal clause. In the event that we cannot find a suitable home for the relinquished animal within 30 days, the owner will be notified that he/she must come and retrieve the animal from us with no refund of relinquishment fee, or he/she can choose to pay said fee again, for 30 more days of care and showcasing.
6. In the event that the owner decides he/she no longer wishes to relinquish the animal to The Pet Rescue Center, he/she will have 48 hours to return and retrieve the animal. Within the 48 hours, the owner should expect to receive only 50% of the relinquishment fee as a refund. In the event that the owner decides that he/she no longer wishes to relinquish the animal and it has been past the 48 hour time period, he/she must fill out an application for adoption and go through the approval process that includes paying all necessary adoption fees as listed by The Pet Rescue Center.
If you are interested in applying you can download an application here:
PET RELINQUISHMENT APPLICATION - pdf download